"Has been a lifesaver so many times!"
- Catherine Rampell, student @ University of Washington
"Exactly the help I needed."
- Jennifer Hawes, student @ San Jose State
"The best place for brainstorming ideas."
- Michael Majchrowicz, student @ University of Kentucky
Mansfield Week Questions
This will be your only essay that will not be a literary paper. This will be an informative five paragraph essay that you learned how to write in Comp I. Remember the structure: introduction, three body paragraphs, and conclusion. Remember that in your introductory, you should include a thesis statement that expresses your subject as well as your attitude/controlling word about your subject.
Choose from ONE of the topics below: DUE DATE Midnight September 5.
(1) Compare/contrast high school with college
(2) Compare/contrast online classes with regular classes.
(3) Your favorite holiday.
(4) Whether going to college is necessary for ALL people.
There is a more thorough review under Course Documents that would probably help review the essay structures form COMP I.
Enjoy! This will be your only essay not on a literary subject
1. static character This character is the same sort of person at the end of the story as at the beginning
2. developing (dynamic character) This character undergoes a permanent change in some aspect of character, personality, or outlook. The change may be large or small; it may be for better or for the worse; but it is important and basic; it is more than a change in condition or a minor change in opinion
3. I did not fully understand if you wanted one of “my” sentences or one from the two short stories we were told to read. So added, is one of mine also.
Here is one from the short story “The Most Dangerous Game”.
There was no sound in the night as Rainsford sat there but the muffled throb of the engine that drove the yacht swiftly through the darkness, and the swish and ripple of the wash of the propeller.
The sequence glittered that night as the light from the store display window beamed from above.
3. Developing (dynamic) character, TMDG.
Rainsford, His “right” mind was disgusted and appalled by the thought of hunting human game. The hunt, in a way “institutionalized” Rainsford causing him to think like his capture. The end result was turning the game around and “hunting” the General Zaroff as he showed up in his living quarters.
Static character, Everyday Use
Maggie & Dee’s Mother.
Her genuine character did not budge even though somewhat intimidated by even the mere thought of her eldest daughter’s stylist modern ways. Her true intent was to give the heirloom quilts to the daughter that rightfully deserved them, by her time spent with her Aunt & Grandmother who made the quilts and taught her also.
View Full Essay
Writing, Films, The Most Dangerous Game, Fiction, Essay, Static, Five-paragraph essay, Character
More Free Essays Like This