This essay Help Remember The 1980's has a total of 615 words and 3 pages.
Help Remember The 1980\'s
You\'re an \'80s child if...
1) Snap bracelets were always getting you in trouble at school.
2) You played with "My Little Ponies".
3) Friendship bracelets were ties that couldn\'t be broken.
4) You’ve ever read Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, The Babysitters Club, or Sweet Valley High.
5) You know all the words to "Ice Ice Baby".
6) You wanted to be The Hulk for Halloween.
7) You had a crush on one of the New Kids on the Block members.
8) You wanted to be on Star Search.
9) You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before he had
10) Heaven forbid you wore one of those T-shirt rings or a scrunchi on one side of
your shirt during your youth.
11) You were styling with your French rolled pants.
12) You wore multiple pairs of socks in the middle of the summer just so you could Be "hip"
13) You had puff painted your own shirt at least once.
14) You owned a doll with \'Xavier Roberts\' signed on its butt. Cabbage Patch Kids! 15) You knew what Willis was "talkin\' \'bout."
16) You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off"
17) You were upset when She-ra, Princess of Power, and He-Man cancelled. 18) But the commercials in between were for Barbie and the Rockers and you knew
all the words to all their songs.
19) You can remember watching Full House and Saved by the Bell for endless
hours, back when they were new episodes.
20) You have seen at least 10 episodes of Fraggle Rock.
21) You hold a special place in your heart for "Back to the Future."
22) You know where to go if you "wanna go where everybody knows your name." 23) You wanted to be a Goonie. ("Goonies never say die.") "Yes!"
24) You remember Madonna in her cone stage.
25) You knew "The Artist" when he was humbly called "Prince."
26) You even wore fluorescent-neon clothing...
27) You could break dance, or wished you could.
28) You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game system.
29) You remember M.C. Hammer.
30) You can still sing the rap to "Fresh Prince of Bel Air".
31) You own any cassettes.
32) You owned a pair of LA Gear, Keds, or Converse tennis shoes.
33) You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlin or an ET lunchbox.
34) You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female Smurf.
35) My Little Pony, Gummy Bears, Transformers, You can\'t do that on Television,
Nozzles, KIDS Incorporated, Captain Kangroo, Double Dare, Salute Your
Shorts, Seventeen, Rainbow Brite and Hey Dude are familiar to you.
*AND I WOULD LIKE TO ADD PUNKIE BREWSTER*
36) You ever had a Swatch Watch or a Doonie and Burke
37) You actually spent countless hours trying to perfect the "Care Bear stare". 38) You had Wonder Woman or Superman underoos.
39) You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye.
40) You spent hours in the basement building and re-building Lego cities.
41) Do Polly Pockets or Popples ring a bell
42) Big wheels and bicycles with streamers were the way to go.
43) With your play school record player you sang back up to Debbie Gibson. 44)"Party like it\'s 1999" seemed SO far away!
45) You stayed up all night listening to Teddy Rupskin
46) Can we say Trapper Keeper?
47) Volition was not just a bad computer animated rip off
Topics Related to Help Remember The 1980's
Kideo TV, Popples, The Smurfs, Fraggle Rock, The Goonies, Transformers, Smurfette