This essay Charimans Message has a total of 821 words and 8 pages.
-CHAIRMAN\'S MESSAGE -
In recent years there has been numerous catastrophes in the Muslim world.
Although some are caused by natural disasters, such as the many thousands who were killed by the earthquakes, the human beings against their fellow men cause the vast majority of deaths, injuries and economic destruction.
It is estimated that ninety percent of refugees in the world today are Muslim.
Muslims should not be surprised by these calamities, however, because Allah subhanaha wata\'da told us in the Qur\'an Surah 29, (Al-Ankabut,) Ayah 2 Do men think that they will be left alone on saying " We believe" and that they will not be tested?}. Again, Surah 2. (Al Baqara), Ayah 155 Mankind is warned."Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger some loss in goods or lives or the fruit (of your toil) but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere.
Human suffering offer Us an opportunity to offset some of the mistakes we make in Our lives. When We respond by assisting those less fortunate We alleviate their suffering and cancel some of Our sins.
· After 18 years of war in Lebanon poverty has become a dominant in that area.
· An orphan and needy school was officially established 9 years ago in Tripoli, Lebanon to become the home of the more than 350 orphans and needy, boys and girls, whose economical and family situation is more than miserable.
· More than 30 teachers who volunteer their time for just sake of ALLAH operate the school.
· Many students joined the school at the age of 7 and now 14 years old. Furthermore, their number is increasing month after month and as a result of that, the school responsibility is becoming bigger and bigger.
· The school provides education for kids, orphans and needy by:
1. Teaching them how to read and write
2. Providing courses to memorize the Qur\'an
3. Establishing a sewing academy for girls
· The school also offers education for women by:
1. Rehabilitating them both on the social and literal levels
2. Qualifying them to be good mothers and wives
· Schools finally covers other expenses by:
1. Providing a full set of clothes to every student at the Eid Al fitr and
Eid Al Adha
2. Providing the Iftar food during the month of Ramadan
3. Paying the medicament cost for most kids
4. Paying the cost of the study material needed to every student
5. Organizing some leisure trips for the orphans and needy student.
-IN CANADA: WHO ARE WE ?-
The President of the school came to Canada last March 1999 in a donation campaign. After reporting that the school is undergoing a very bad financial situation and that it will be too hard to keep going on under such circumstances.
As a response to that URGENT call from the orphans and needy in Lebanon,
A number of Muslims, Who are resident in Canada, came up with the idea of establishing:
"Al Moltaqa Association for Social Activity"
To keep supporting and educating the orphans and needy in Lebanon and wherever they could be find elsewhere.
To be a shoulder to rely on for all orphans and needy
"Al Moltawa" in Arabic means "The Gathering" in English. The name is symbolic since it pictures how Muslims will get together and unite as one social coherent module in the near future.
· To be a non-profit, non-political, charitable organization
· To provide support for educating the orphans and needy
· To provide support for victims in need charitable assistance as a result of being directly affected by the earthquakes, floods, tornadoes and war.
· To work with the other non-profit organization in Canada and overseas to reach that goal
· To help alleviate the human suffering
· Was officially established and legalized in Canada
· Has helped the orphans and needy school in Tripoli by paying $12000.00 US to cover the payment of the school building in April-1999
· Buying a school bus for teacher and student transportation. The cost of $11000.00 US
Al Moltaqa Future Plan !!!!
1. To fulfill the whole cost of the building that the school has bought and still paying
2. To establish a walk in clinic and medical laboratory for the poor and needy children
3. To elaborate and expand the existing sewing academy
4. To establish a computer academy
For more info. Please call the committees
Topics Related to Charimans Message
Islamic festivals, Shia days of remembrance, Ramadan, Al-Ankabut, Eid al-Fitr, Eid al-Adha
Essays Related to Charimans Message
MoroccoMorocco Morocco,is a country in the northwestern corner of Africa. It is bordered by the Mediterranean Sea on the north and the Atlantic Ocean on the west. The Strait of Gibraltar, which connects the Mediterranean and the Atlantic, separates Morocco from Spain by only about 8 miles (13 kilometers). Fertile plains lie along Morocco\'s coasts, and forested mountains stretch across the middle of the country from southwest to northeast. Beyond the mountains lies a sun-baked desert, the Sahara. Rabat
First and Second TempleFirst and Second Temple According to tradition both the First and Second temple were built on ‘Mount Moriah’, the site on which Abraham offered Isaac to G_d. King David built an altar to G_d on the site and a generation later his son, Solomon built the First Temple as a permanent resting place for the Ark of the Covenant. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, destroyed King Solomon’s Temple in 586 B.C.E. When Herod became king he decided to rebuild the Temple in 19 B.C.E. It cannot be said that the r
“Women” and RIGHTS“Women” and RIGHTS The international organizations and communities made strong commitments to gender equality and the empowerment of women at United Nations conferences during the past decades. Many organizations have come ahead with their endeavor to equalize gender inequality. Results have been very little, not because of any lapses by them but the major obstacle to equal opportunity is the social structure that discourages women’s economic growth. Can be achieved only by joint efforts of pare
STUDIES OF RELIGIONSTUDIES OF RELIGION The person that I have chosen to survey is Shehzad Salleem. This person is a Islamic believer and he has gratefully given up some of his time for me to survey him. Good afternoon Mr. Salleem and thank you for giving up some of your time for this survey. 1. What is Islam? The word Islam means peace and submission. Peace means to be at peace with yourself and your surroundings and submission means submission to the will of God. A broader meaning of the word Islam is to achi
IslamIslam It is averaged that there are 750 million people practicing Islam. Islam is actually derived form Christianity. History books indicates that one night in the year 610, the first of many revelations came to Muhammad from God by way of the angel Gabriel. The message Muhammad received told him that there was but one God, not many gods, as most Arabs believed. This God was creator of the world, and He would one day judge mankind. The word Islam means surrender or submission, submission to
The Olympic GamesThe Olympic Games The Olympic Games, an international sports competition, are held once every four years at a different site, where athletes from different nations compete against each other in a wide variety of sports. There are two classifications of Olympics, the Summer Olympics and the Winter Olympics. Through 1992 they were held in the same year, but beginning in 1994 they were rescheduled so that they are held in alternate even-numbered years. For example, the Winter Olympics were held in
A Comparison of Islam and ChristianityA Comparison of Islam and Christianity Middle East Grade: A (90%) System: IB There are hundreds of religions in this world. Of them two are the most prominent. Islam and Christianity. It is averaged that there are 750 million people practicing Islam, and another 1 billion practicing Christianity. The start of Islam is actually derived form Christianity, history books indicates that one night in the year 610, the first of many revelations came to Muhammad from God by way of the angel Gabriel (In